Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mt. Olympus Lamb Chops

My sister Michele sent me some fabulous salts and seasonings. When I opened the package I was so excited to find these very special seasonings.
One of the seasonings she sent is Mt. Olympus Greek Style Seasoning.  Michele loves lamb, and she swore that this seasoning would transform a chop into something fabulous!

Here's what I did to make the lamb chops.

2 tablespoons of Mt. Olympus Greek Style Seasoning
3-4 cloves crushed garlic
3-4 tablespoons of fine minced onion
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1/2 cup of olive oil
Juice from 3 lemons
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together and then let the lamb chops sit in the marinade. It will be more like a paste.  Let them rest in the mixture for at least an hour, and then flip them over and let them rest for another 1/2 hour or so. I like to let my meat stand at room temperature before cooking.
Put the lamb chops on a baking sheet and place them in a 425 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the chops over and bake another 10 minutes. These chops were a good 1 1/2 inch thick. My family likes them medium to medium rare. If you prefer them to be cooked at a different temperature, just keep them in the oven a few more minutes.
Take them out of the oven and let them rest for a few minutes. (This rarely ever happens in my house. )
Place the lamb chops on a platter and serve with some fresh sliced lemon.
I served these with some fresh spinach and a rutabaga and leek puree.  Very yummy!
Enjoy!
Buon Appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment