Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baked Skirt Steaks

If you love steak you probably love skirt steak.  There's just something about the cut of this meat with all the fat running through it that gives it the most delicious flavor. Did I forget to say how tender this cut of meat can be if prepared well?
I just had a manicure today so I didn't want to cook the steak under the broiler. We all know that cleaning that pan is the biggest pain in the butt! So tonight I baked the Skirt Steak. Trust me, it works...and the end result is a delicious steak that you and your family will love.
I marinated the steaks in a teriyaki style sauce. When rushed and don't have time to make my own I will reach for Yoshida's Special Sauce. It is an amazing soy based sauce that can adjust to any recipe. To the sauce I added 4 - 5 crushed cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of rosemary, and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds. Mix it all together.
 I know some of you are thinking that you don't want the rosemary in this...that it's a weird combination, but you have to believe! Keep the faith!
In a baking pan I placed the skirt steaks so that they were in a single layer and then sliced a large onion and tossed it on top of the steak. Then I poured the marinade over the steak and onions.
Let the steak stand at room temperature in the marinade for one hour.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Flip the steaks over in the pan and then cover it with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes covered. Uncover and then bake for another 10 minutes.
Your steak should be a beautiful medium rare. It will be tender and absolutely delicious! I promise!
Enjoy!
Buon Appetitio
xoxoxo
Lorraine

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you have fresh Rosemary use it, but you may use dry as well. I've used both.

      Delete
  2. Why do some recipes call for low [225-325 degrees] until internal temp reaches 200 degrees and others, this recipe included call for quick roasting at temps in the 400 plus range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I'm not sure of the technical reason for the high temp on this one. However, adjust the baking time for medium rare for a total time of 20-25 minutes.

      Delete