Friday, October 21, 2011

Pork Chops and No Applesauce

Hello friends, it has been awhile since I last posted. Since leaving for Vegas life has been full. Some days I feel as if there aren't enough hours in the day.  I have been cooking, making meals for the family, and then while eating realize that I didn't take any pictures to show you what's been cooking.
Last night I did remember to take a few pictures.
The butcher had some lovely center cut pork chops and I asked him to cut them 1 1/2 " thick for me. I was debating on whether to stuff them or make them with some peppers and onions. I know my husband loves pork with peppers and onions. For that matter so do I. Throw in some artichoke hearts and make a reduction sauce with balsamic vinegar and you're all set to go.


Start by heating up your pan and then adding olive oil and a little butter just to coat the bottom. After seasoning the pork chops on each side with salt and pepper I browned the chops on each side.
After the chops had a nice sear I removed them from the pan and added the onions, peppers and some chopped garlic. I sautéed these until they had some nice color. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, getting all the good stuff on the bottom.  I added Balsamic Vinegar and tossed in a can of artichoke hearts and put everything into a baking pan and then into the oven to finish it off. I also added some hot cherry peppers. I love the heat!



This is very easy to make and it's also a real crowd pleaser.

I have some lovely pictures to share with you from my trip to Vegas. I'll try to get them up and on the blog within a few days.

Buon Appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine



No comments:

Post a Comment