Friday, August 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Cream Pie for Mikey

While reading some foodie blogs, I happened to come across a link to In Jennie's Kitchen blog.
Jennie recently and suddenly lost her husband, Mikey. She is inviting all of us to celebrate her husbands life in a way that we foodies love,  by cooking and spending time in the kitchen.  Jennie is asking us to make a Peanut Butter Cream pie in his honor.
So today, to show our support for Jennie and her 2 daughters, I made this Peanut Butter Cream Pie with my daughter Zoe. We're going to share it with our loved ones,  as directed by Jennie," and then hug them like there's no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on."
Jennie, I am sorry for your loss. I hope that all these Peanut Butter Cream Pies being made today take away some of your tears.  God Bless.

The only thing I did differently from Jennie's recipe is I used Chocolate Chip Cookies instead of Chocolate Cookies. It's what I had in my pantry.


You can find Jennie's recipe here.

xoxoxo
Lorraine





No comments:

Post a Comment