Thursday, August 11, 2011

Artichokes on the Grill

This is going to be short and sweet. I wanted to share with you a delicious way to prepare artichokes.
Tonight I grilled them. They were really good.
I cleaned the artichokes by peeling off the outer layers and cutting off the pointy parts of the leaves.  I peeled the stem. The two artichokes in the front of the picture have been cleaned.

I placed them in a pot of cold water with a clove of garlic, a bay leaf and half a lemon. I let the water come to a boil and then covered the artichokes for 10- 15  minutes with the heat off.

I removed the artichokes from the water and dried them off.  I then cut them in half.
I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and drizzled extra virgin olive oil on the inside of the artichoke. I grilled them on a hot grill for about 5 minutes per side.
They were served with sliced lemon and a home made tomatillo inspired mayonnaise for dipping.
Delicious!
Thanks for the visit!
Buon Appetito!
xoxoxo
Lorraine








No comments:

Post a Comment