Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beet Carpaccia

A friend of mine called me a few days ago. He's in the restaurant business and enjoys seeing what I'm up to on my blog.  He had one criticism,  that I needed to improve my platting skills. I know! I seriously need some instruction in this area.
I explained to Tony that all these dishes that I am sharing with you on my blog are usually photographed using my cell phone, while I am preparing dinner, trying to get it all on the table while it's still hot! My family laughs at me when they see the cell phone come out. I hear, "oh here's another facebook moment" or "she's blogging again".
So today, I decided to make a dish in the middle of the afternoon, just because! And because my family isn't sitting at the table with their forks and knives in their hands waiting for me to put their food on the table I had plenty of time to play. It was fun!
I also wanted to play with my OXO Mandoline slicer.  I still can't get the hang of a waffle cut, but that's another story.
Today I played with beets and kohl rabe.
Here's what I came up with. Beet and Kohl Rabe Carpaccia, with Aioli, Pesto, and Balsamic Drizzle.
Beet and KohlRabe Carpaccia flower with aioli , balsamic vinegar, orange infused olive oil finished with salt and pepper and lemon zest

Beet and KohlRabe flower with Aioli leaves filled with pesto paste, dotted with balsamic vinegar and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, and finished with lemon zest
And yet, another presentation!
And then the taste testers in the house were called upon to scoff it all up!

Thanks for checking in with me today!

Buon Appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine


No comments:

Post a Comment