Friday, May 27, 2011

87 Vines Restaurant and Wine Bar

I'm very lucky! My husband likes to take me out to wonderful restaurants. He's great that way. Doesn't matter what day it is, or where I want to dine, he'll take me anywhere I want to go.  Lately, my favorite place to eat outside of my home is at our friends restaurant, 87 Vines.
Gino,  and his family opened 87 Vines last fall, and since the moment I walked in and had the pleasure to dine there, it has quickly become a favorite destination.  The food is great. Nazareno,  is an honest to goodness, great Italian Chef. He's always thinking of wonderful specials to share with the special people that come to the restaurant. So tonight after dropping off one of the kids at the airport we decided to head back into our neck of the woods and have a meal at 87 Vines.

Soft shell crabs are in the house!

Steve and I split an appetizer. Soft Shell Crabs are so very special. And they are only available for a short amount of time, so whenever I see them on the menu or offered as a special, they are ordered! These succulent babies were served with sauce that had a hint of orange and white wine! Yum!
For our next course we wanted pasta.  Homemade Chitarra pasta made with clams and shrimp in a marechiara sauce. It is simply delicious!
And for us a meal without a wine to complement the food is simply not done.
Dinning without wine...I don't think so. They offer some beautiful bottles of wine and we ordered a nice bottle of Pinot Noir to compliment our meal.
It's time for me to eat while it's hot!
If you're in the neighborhood, check out the gang at 87 Vines. I promise you, after a great meal there, you'll feel special too! Tell them The Food Crawl sent you! and blow a kiss to my son Stephen, he's in the kitchen cooking up some apps!

Buon appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine




No comments:

Post a Comment