Friday, April 13, 2012

Il Sogno Ristorante

Ever pull in to the parking lot of a restaurant and wonder where the heck you are going or why?
Never judge a book by it's cover, right?
Il Sogno Ristorante in Port Chester, New York is one of those restaurants. I can't tell you how many times I have passed by it's doors never giving it a second glance.
A friend of mine, who considers himself another foodie suggestted a night out at It Sogno and let me tell you, it's a gem!
 It's very unasumming from the side of the road, but once you pull in and have a seat your mind will be changed.
While waiting for the rest of our group to arrive we were seated at the bar and greeted by Jimmy, the owner of the restaurant. He was quick with a warm greeting and a fabulous pour.
My martini was made perfectly and my husbands glass of wine was served at the perfect temperature.
My friend Frank had to jump in on the picture!  He's a handsome guy so I let him! lol
Jimmy quickly put out some thinly sliced salami and some toasted Italian bread for us to munch on while waiting for the rest of our group to arrive.
And here's my dirty appearing perfectly naughty!
When you are so comfortable at the bar and everything is perfect it's sometimes hard to make a move to your table. We contimplated eating at the bar, and while we sometimes enjoy that we felt that we would be missing a beat if we didn't venture into the dinning room.
Our waiter greeted us warmly and made us feel as if we the only people in the room. After being informed of the abundant specials of the evenng we were left to consider our choices.
We were even shown the special cut of veal that was being offered!
We wanted to try everything! I think we came very close to ordering many of the specials that were offered.
Our waiter offered us a beautiful platter of the pastas that each of us were considering, offering us each a taste of everything we wanted!
The whole wheat pasta puttanesca, eggplant napoleon, and tagliatelle with cream and truffles was something made for each of us. Each dish satisfied all of our palettes! Bravo!
There were so many specials to be considered.
If this was going to be right, it could be great!
A few of our choices were ...Bronzino, fish,  grilled and served whole, a double cut veal chop, served with potatoes and broccoli rabe, and a pounded chop served with a caprese salad! I was struggling with my order and finally decided on ordering the whole grilled roasted Bronzino fish.   I'm always looking to stick my fork into someone elses plate!  I love my friends who let me taste!



We were so full no one wanted to order a desert. But guess what? Out came a beautiful platter of delicious biscotti with our coffee! These were home made!
And then another plate of Italian specialties. The heck with the diet. You have to take a taste, right?

and then a martini zabgone with strawberries. Who can resist?

We all gathered at the bar for a last hoorah and after dinner drink.


I can't wait for the next time we get together for a crawl. We're thinking lobster rolls!
Monica  thinks she doesn't take a good picture!  I think we look fabulous! xoxoxo


Il Sogno Ristorante
316 Boston Post Road
Port Chester, New York
914 937-7200
www.ilsognony.com

Thanks Jimmy!
Buon Appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment