Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day BBQ

I'm posting this a little early without pictures, just in case you need or want an easy recipe for BBQ sauce. After all, what would Father's Day be without the grill going with a great BBQ?
Today's Food Crawl is all about the BBQ sauce. I know that there are a ton of them out there. But for some reason, this one is very special.
Growing up, my mother made this all the time. Our neighbors loved it, and it was frequently requested at all picnics and neighborhood events.
I don't know about the rest of you, but my husband loves a BBQ. So while he's on the golf course I am at home lovingly preparing him a BBQ for his Father's Day Dinner.  I have mentioned before that my "boys" love the gooey, goopy, stuff that some people call BBQ sauce.  I am so not into it...however, I just love this BBQ sauce that my mother used to make!  I have to say that my mother used to make the best BBQ sauce, and she used it on her chicken. This sauce is spectacular! I have no idea where she got the recipe, for all I know it could be out of a Betty Crocker cook book, or a magazine!  It's really soooo good. The recipe that follows makes a very small batch. I would suggest that you at least triple this. It stays good refrigerated for at least a week, if not more.  Once you try it, you will want to use it on anything that goes on the grill!
I'm going to slather this all over my chicken and ribs this Sunday. What will you be making?

Mom's BBQ Sauce
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon tabasco
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard, we used Gulden's  (use whatever you have in the frig)
1/4 cup water
that's the recipe... it says...
 bring it all to a boil! lol
So go ahead, and do it. You won't believe how delicious this sauce is! Yum! Yum! Yum!

Enjoy your day!
Happy Father's Day!

Buon Appetito
xoxoxo
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment