Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Salmon with Papaya Sauce

I usually cook like a banshee, lots of pots and pans and mixing bowls. The great thing is that I am a little ocd and clean as I go along...thank God! My kitchen would be a complete mess if I did it any other way. The other day I had watched what seemed to be a marathon of the show Chopped. I just love that show, ( I don't think i would ever audition for that show) it scares me, but I love to watch it. Everyday at about 4:30 it's time to go into the kitchen, Judge Judy is on in the other room and I start to prep our evening meal. I'm cleaning vegetables,  frying chicken, doing whatever and I found myself throwing my arms up everytime I completed something, just like they do on the show when they call times up! My son walked in and started cracking up. I just looked at him and said "What? "  It was then that I realized what I was doing. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!
During Lent I try to abstain from meat on Wednesdays as well as Fridays. So tonight I decided to do a little Salmon, but wanted to prepare it on the healthy side. I had a beautiful papaya that was ripe and wanted to do something with the papaya. So I got out my nonstick pan and threw in some papaya with a few cloves of garlic and a sliced jalapeno pepper. (Remember I said this is going to be healthy) When the peppers started to sweat I took the fruit off the stove and put it in the blender and made it into a puree. Once I had my puree it was time to start my Salmon. I seasoned the Salmon with salt and pepper and got my pan hot added just a dash of sesame oil and seared the Salmon on both sides.  I plated the Salmon with some tender green beans and just a sprinkling of some chopped cilantro on top of the papaya sauce. It was such an easy meal to make and my family enjoyed it!  I think the total time to prepare was a 1/2 hour. If you have any questions, let me know.  Enjoy, and bon appetito!

blending papaya


No comments:

Post a Comment